Monday, September 28, 2009

Refuge



The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.


Proverbs 18:10 RSV


Hebrew is a story language. Every letter has a message even before they come together to make words. The word for "tower" is migdal; (mem) waters, peoples, (gamel) bringing gifts -picture of the Spirit, (dalet) the door, (lamech) the shepherd. The strong tower pictures the place the Spirit brings the needy (the door pictures the needy who beg, Mt. 5:3) to the Shepherd of our souls. The name of YHVH is our strong tower, our refuge. Running to Him is where we find safety in the battle.


If your received a prayer poke from me today, September 28, then I am praying that you to know the safety of turning your face to Y'shua/Jesus. Run to him in the righteousness you have because of His blood and His word. When I am afraid, I put my trust in thee. Ps 56:3 He has brought you to the very place you find yourself today. It is no accident of circumstance that you face the issues of today. Run to him with them, in trust that He who loveed you enough to bleed out for your salvation. He has the answer and He is the answer. He does not get you through the battle "somehow" but rather, you come through with victory in Him. I am praying for you today that you know Him as your stronghold, that you remember his mercy, His grace. I pray that you do not fear that your righteousness is insufficient because Y'shua/Jesus Himself IS your righteousness. You can press forward today because He has prepared you for such a time as you face today. You might not feel it, but you can trust Him to know. Run to Him and be safe beloved!


For thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite. Isaiah 57:15


The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Ps 27:1


…"The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation." Ex 34:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment