Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gloomy


Little bit by slow motion, things are happening in the toy box. It seemed like time to make a new video but it was so gloomy out this morning that I did not feel inspired to take even one photo.


The sun has come up but the moisture in the air is so thick that it looks like a tennis ball after Rudy has played with it for a while. All fuzzy, low in the sky. Even though the hydrometer only reads 56% the atmosphere is still heavy with moisture. Dew is on the lawn, something we have not experienced for some time, and the sky above is a slushy white. It isn't quite fog, I can easily see across the gully, It is just wet. I can feel it in my head and see it on everything. Maybe worst of all, and probably the real reason I do not feel inspired to make another video is that I can feel it in my head. It feels thick and heavy.


Three more potatoes popped in in box #1. I am hoping to get some peanut potatoes for the potato bin and already have three starts from the Toy Box so I was not careful about pulling these three up. Two of them came without their bit of skin, one came with the skin it sprouted from still intact so I moved it to the bin that Ray has put up for me.


I read Country Girl. I was unexpectedly thrilled to see that Constance is (1) finding time to write again and (2) that she is also raising macro greens. I have not started mine yet but am almost ready, needing only a container. I saw a perfect sieve at Haggen but it was made in China and cost $9. Still looking.


The challange for today: "Return to your house and describe what great things God has done for you." And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him. Luke 8:39

No comments:

Post a Comment