Monday, May 31, 2010

God bless my country and may He be merciful!

It sounds odd to say "Happy Memorial Day." I know that when there is less rain we do fun family activities. It is the unofficial kick-off to the summer garden season and seeds are going underground everywhere. But, lest we forget, it is also a day to remember our soldiers. Men and woman who often do not feel like heroes but who are. The survivors and the fallen alike gave up their youth, some gave up their sense of sanity, others gave their lives. My life is hopeful because of them.

My Grandpa Foster is a WWI Vet.
Ray's dad is a WWII Vet.
Both are gone but not forgotten.

My dad and my Brother in Law are Air Force Vets, My nephew Brett was a Marine. My niece Cristy married a Marine. Thank you to each of them and to the many I never met who gave something very personal of themselves for me. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment