Thursday, November 20, 2014

John 10:1 The door and the theif

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber;  John 10:1 

Amen, amen, I further-say to you...
Our English Bibles are full of surprises. The Jewishness of Jesus has been erased. I started my morning intending to pray for a friend whose marriage is in distress. When my own marriage was on shaky ground, John chapter 10 was my go-to passage for prayer. I've never done a word study on the passage but I have prayed it many times.

I was happily surprised to see that John 10:1 does not begin, Verily, verily (what does that mean?) or even "Truly, truly" but the Jewish Messiah began this chapter with the words, "A'men, a'men." Stand firm--believe and have faith in the Torah. I wondered what else I did not know about this favorite passage.

"I say" is translated from the Greek word lego, just like the toy. It means a foundation to build your life upon. The solid foundation, the rock that is Messiah. 

If you have been following the Proverbs 31 study I have been doing, you may know by now that Y'shua is the door, the dalet. We are the sheep
So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers; but the sheep did not heed them. I am the door; if any one enters by me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:7-10

Then he led forth his people like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock. Psalm 78:52

For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his handO that today you would hearken to his voice! Psalm 95:7

Know that the LORD is God! It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3
I also believe that when we come to Y'shua for salvation, (to be born again) we commit ourselves to a righteous life style, a life of faith (amen in Hebrew) that is described in Torah as The Way

...but climbs in by another way
If ever you set down to do a word-study on "the way" one thing will quickly become clear. There is a way that is laid out by God and then there are many "other ways" that lead to death and destruction.
"Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.  For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few. Matthew 7:13-14
I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but ever since discovering that words like hamas and allah are both in the Old Testament, and neither is flattering, I have started wondering what else it tucked into Scripture that once seemed neutral but has meaning in these last days. In that light, I noticed that the word translated "but" (but climbs in by another way) is not the from the usual Greek word that is translated "but." In this passage it seems to be the word "allah" the enemy of Messiah. Allah climbs in by "another way" he is a thief (a klepto who steals by fraud and in secret) and a robber (a brigand- someone who openly uses violence, especially against travelers -those who walk the way- to rob them).

Verse 1 of John chapter 10 is as far as I got. I am praying for my friend and her family. She has chosen the way of life, her husband is still a prisoner of the enemy of souls. They love each other but the Serpent does not want to give up his prize. To me that can only mean that Y'shua is calling the husband. Now the Serpent is using violence (cruel words and cruel thoughts) instead of secret fraud against that couple's mind to keep him from The Way of life. 

Do you know people in marital distress? Don't feel sorry for them, Y'shua is fixen to rescue them but we must pray. Now is the time to pray for the freedom that Messiah sets us free with. Joy!
 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."  John 8:32

1 comment:

  1. once you find the door. THE WAY becomes more clear. Learning to hear the Masters voice provides the direction.

    ReplyDelete