Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Way of Love on Mean Days


March 12

Edges of His Ways

a devotional by Miss Amy Carmichael

Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm;
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm,
Let me not loose the chance to prove
The fullness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.

Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at Thy command
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in The Way.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.

Mean days. They come into every life. Sometimes I slip into the lie that heaven is here on earth, when the reality is, I have chosen The steep and narrow Way. When the path softens, my spoiled, inner child tends to do the same. Abba forgive me! I choose to follow you in The Way of Love. Love persevered on cross for me, I want to be strong to preserver for Him in the dry and thirsty land.

Mrs. Hagerty
March 12, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment