Monday, August 1, 2016

Love Through Me by Amy Carmichael

Isaac Gautschi Photography
Love through me, Love of God,
     There is no love in me;
O Fire of love, light Thou the love
     That burns perpetually.

Flow through me, Peace of God,
     Calm river flow until
No wind can blow, no current stir
     A ripple of self-will

Shine through me, Joy of God,
     Make me like thy clear air
That Thou dost pour Thy colours through,
     As though it were not there.

O blessed Love of God,
     That all may taste and see
How good Thou art, once more I pray,
     Love through me, even me.

Miss Amy Carmichael
Edges of His Ways
August 1

1 comment:

  1. absolutely no current moves a shallow stretch of rough water of self will in my life love for God and man is the most excellent way

    ReplyDelete