Monday, March 2, 2009

Blossoms?

In my neglected front garden, I noticed a little bit of crisp white. There are actual blossoms in my garden! Whoo-hoo! Never mind how nasty looking the lawn is, (really, it has come a long way from when we first moved here) I should check with my mom before I attempt to put a name on this plant, but I think it is a____________ . Humm, gotta find my book or my mom.

Does the bankrupt United States have an extra 900 million dollars? Apparently we do or Sectary of State Clinton would not have pledged $900,000,000.00 to the Palestinian Authority. The things we choose to do with our money when we do not have any! The money we do have is borrowed from China (so I am told). China now owns us until our children and their children, and who knows how many generations of their children after them, are able to pay China back. You do know that we have not finished paying for "The New Deal" and it was a whole lot less money. Will we even last long enough for pay back or will the new national language be Chinese? What have we done? What foolishness are we still doing?

March is roaring instead of barking today. Wild wind gusts, pounding rain, teasing sun breaks. I was going to go to Tulalip Bay Marina for my March in March today, but Ray would rather I did not go there alone, so as soon as I am done with my school work, Rudy and I will head back to Mukilteo. Looks like hat, scarf and gloves weather. The wind might be blowing too hard for an umbrella.

The phrase from Amy Carmichael for March is "fear not". She added to that this morning with Psalm 60:12

Through God we shall do valiantly,
And it is He who will tread down our adversaries.

NAS

Amy added, "...Each of us has something to do which is not easy... If things were easy, where would be the fight? How should we be trained for Heavenly service? But there is no need ever to be overcome. God makes provision for victory, never for defeat. "

Fear not

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rainsong, it is my first time here and I am enjoying reading your post. I am so excited for the winter to be over soon and looking forward for the spring. Oh by the way, I just move here in MI 8 months ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MI as in Missouri? Burrrrr!

    I'm told that spring comes even to the Midwest, have faith! Where did you move from Grace? Very glad to meet you BTW

    ReplyDelete