Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Morning Devotions: What if some do not believe?

AHMAHN-believe IV Romans 3:3-26
Romans 3:3-9 Question? If some (Jews, keepers of the Almighty’s Word) did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?  May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,"THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED." (Psalm 51:4)But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He? (I am speaking in human terms.) May it never be! For otherwise, how will God judge the world?  But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner?  And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some claim that we say), “Let us do evil that good may come"? Their condemnation is just. 

  When I became a believer in Jesus, I wanted to tell everyone. My thought was that they surely must be as ignorant as I was because if you know about Salvation, you will want to be saved. I remember feeling both shocked and sad when people that I loved, people that I thought were above average smart would blow off the gift of the Almighty as they wondered aloud why woman like myself, strong, smart and raised to be independent, would need such a “crutch” or why I would buy-into myths. Person after beloved person would flat out reject my Jesus. Surly the problem was me and not them. 

     I started taking classes on how to share the gospel. My gift is not evangelism (trust me, I have witnessed those with this gift bring many into the kingdom, there really is something to having that amazing gift) so I began to take classes on how to witness effectively. I have led strangers and children to the kingdom, but not the adults I long to reach. Could it be that my former friends and family were right? The amazing Paul of Tarsus addressed this question in Chapter 3 of the book of Romans. He begins by reminding me that the Jews are an amazing people; the Almighty has entrusted his word, supernaturally delivered, to this people. The problem is that even among the Jews there are those who do not believe in Y’shua HaMashiach – Jesus who is the Christ. If some of the keepers and guardians of the Word of God do not believe the Word, does that mean that I really am a fool for trusting my life to it? 
Romans 3:9-20 Question? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; as it is written,
"THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;  THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE." (Psalm 14:1-3 and Psalm 53:1-3)  "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE, WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING," (Psalm 5:9)  "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS"; (Psalm 140:3)  "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS"; (Psalm 10:7)  "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD, DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS, AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN." (Isaiah 59:7-12)  "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES." (Psalm 36:1)
Now we know that whatever the Torah says, it speaks to those who are under the Torah, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works in the Torah no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Torah comes the knowledge of sin. 
     No! Y’shua-Jesus is Truth, men are liars who live by the lies of their father the devil. The only hope for them is to be born again, no longer a child of the devil but born from above, a child of YHVH.
John 8:42-46 Jesus said to them (the religious), "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.  You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.  But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. nasu John 14:6 Jesus said to him (an overwhelmed believer), "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 
     Why must we be born-again? Our first physical birth was into this world, the slave master is the devil, you are his because you were born. To be born-again is to die to “self” which is the liar, the element of who you are that believes the devil and wants the easy life that he rewards to those who cheat, who steal, who are unfaithful, who lie, who step on the hearts of others to gain some position or money in this world. Then, one day, someone comes and tells you about Y’shua-Jesus. He is The Way of life, he is Truth, He is true Life. The world has prepared you to reject him, the devil doesn’t want to let his slave go free any more then the Pharaoh of Egypt did not want to let his slaves go free. But the hope of freedom nags at you, the thought will not go away. 
Romans 3:21-26 But now apart from the Torah the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Torah and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 

     Beloved, ask this God of Truth to prove himself to you. You will find yourself thinking that his faithfulness was just a coincidence after he does just that. Make some kind of bargain with him, you will discover that you are the one who does not keep your end of it. All men are liars in our natural state. Abba (the Father) sent his own Holy Spirit to let you know that there is something better, something you can trust with your life. He sends other believers to tell you what God has done for them, His word is available for you to read. Even with all of these witnesses of the truth, you still must be born again or you will never go from the father of lies to eternal life as a child of God. 

Call upon the Name of the Almighty, and you will be Y’shua-ed (saved). Then go and tell someone. I would love it if it was me. 
May 20, 2016 
Mrs. Hagerty 

1 comment:

  1. I once dwelt in the dark, but the light found me, now i dwell in the light, and the light shall guide me. Amen

    ReplyDelete