Thursday, June 16, 2016

Morning Devotions: Believe

AHMAHN (ah-moon) H529
even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is not distinction; Romans 3:22

Par ici et par la
   This week is all about the Hebrew word AHMAHN (ah-moon) H529 It is a verb that means “believe”. It is the inward attitude that manifests as righteousness.

     In English we use the word to agree with a fact, such as believing that George Washington was the first president of the United States; or that E=mc2 (energy is equal to mass multiplied by the speed of light squared). This mental agreement is not the belief that I am talking about. To AHMAHN is an attitude that affects how you live. If I say that I believe something but it has no affect on how I live then it is not AHMAHN. It is just mental agreement that something is correct. James said that the devil has this kind of belief, but it does not change how he lives his life.
James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
 The belief I am talking about is life changing. We call it, being born again, because it is so radical. 

     The Hebrew idea of AHMAHN-believe is to take Y’shua-Jesus' yoke upon you.
Matthew 11:29. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS (Jeremiah 6:16)
AHMAHN-believe involves being washed in the blood of Y’shua the Lamb, watered by the word of the Almighty, producing amazing growth living in The Way of truth. Do you have this? It involves trustingY’shua-Jesus with your heart, with your life, with how you live. I am excited to examine AHMAHN this week, I hope you are too. 
Mrs. Hagerty
May 17, 2016

1 comment: