Friday, June 10, 2016

Morning Devotions; Revelation 5, Edges of His Way

It has been too long since I have written a Morning Devotion. I am daily in the Word, but I have not had time to write one. In fact; this devotion is not from the Spirit to me, but from the Spirit, to Miss Amy Carmichael, to me.  

 April 28  Edges of His Ways  
Revelation 5:6  And, lo, ...a Lamb as it had been slain.  
     I saw a Lamb... He looked as if He had been offered in sacrifice". We follow a Crucified Saviour. Even in Glory He has not lost the look of one who has been offered in Sacrifice. 
     This cannot mean a sad look, for He was anointed with joy above his fellows, but it must mean something which can only be described by the words, "He looked as if He had been offered in sacrifice"
This was the thought that met me this morning. It should not be quite out of reach of even the youngest of His lovers, though it may take a life-time to begin to understand it. But from Him, who alone has sounded the depth of this thought are: "I know ...how thou ...hast borne, and hast patience, ...and hast not fainted."      "I know ...you endure patiently and have borne burdens for My sake and have never grown weary Rev. 2: 2,3 
May the Lord make this true of us. Miss Amy Carmichael

Mrs. Hagerty (who does grow weary, longing for His face)
April 28, 2016
 

No comments:

Post a Comment