Saturday, October 29, 2016

Hebrew Word of the Day BaTACh

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight.

Proverbs 3:5

Hebrew word of my day: BaTACH.

BaTACH is usually translated "trust" in English. When I see BaTACH I think of a safe place to fall or make my stand.
Trust in YHVH with all your heart. The word for heart is LEB; in Hebrew it is a picture of "shepherd's house" Isn't that kewl!) My heart is to be the shepherd's home. I am encouraged to trust the Almighty with my whole heart. I am not like a landlord who must check on the condition of my investment, constantly coming to see how the tenants are living. No, I am the tenant in this illustration. Me, living for Jesus is what he oversees. But I am blood bought, a sister-bride. I am not a stranger. I have been given the Holy Spirit to guide my decisions and protect me when I need to run back to the shepherd of my soul. I no longer rely on my own insight (thinking with my brain instead of my heart where Y'shua-Jesus is at home). I am free to be carefree (not the same as careless) when Y'shua makes my whole heart his home. Proverbs 3:5.

No wonder the Psalm proclaims, "The fool says, "in his heart there is no god." (Yes, I changed the English punctuation a little to make my point). Psalm 14:1

BaTACH - Trust with all of my heart, can only be true if Y'shua lives with in my heart.

Mrs. Hagerty, October 28, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment