My pantry is probably supposed to be a linen closet but I like to use it for a pantry. It is probably too hot in winter since the back wall is up against the fire place. Since we are talking about putting up more produce from the garden this coming year I will probably need to move the pantry to a cool, dry place. but for now I am only interested in using what is there.
Just from the top shelf, up over my head and out of sight:
- Two unopened packages of Splenda packets (how did that happen?)
- about 1/2 cup brown and red rice mix
- one 14.5 oz can coconut Milk (might just toss that, it has been there a LONG time.
- 1/2 bag of stick pretzels
- jar of dry garbanzo beans
- jar of red lentils
- small jar of adzuki beans
- Package of Bakers Bittersweet Chocolate
- about half a package of Bakers German Chocolate.
- Open box of Whole grain Pancake mix
- Open box of whole grain Baking Mix
- Open box of Pumpkin Pancake mix
- Open box of white elbow Marconi
- Powder Milk and Gluten flour that I use with the bread machine
- Bay leaves
- Poppy Seeds
- Dill Weed
- Chopped dry onion
This is just the top shelf. I am not sure if I will keep the boxes of pancake and baking mix. I bought the pumpkin mix last year and the baking mix last summer but I don't know when I bought the whole grain pancake mix. I'm thinking I should toss the pancake mixes, whole grain products do not stay nice in heat.
Does Splenda go bad?