Sunday, October 5, 2014

In the morning (thoughts on prayer)

Tishri 11 5775 (October 5, 2014)
Thoughts on prayer, which I suddenly realize is no longer a strength in my life. This first day after Yom Kippur, I begin with the knowledge that I must guard a  time to sit with the Word and pray.

Early Morning at The Toy Box subUrban Farm


The first thing to be done in the morning is prayer.

Prayer in the morning was my reality for a long time.... checking out facebook with my morning coffee has become my thing in the morning. I see people write about taking a break from facebook because it has taken over their lives. I probably won't do that. But today, my desire is to get back to prayer first. The men and women of scripture were known to wake up and take time with YHVH

  • Mark 1:35 And in the morning, a great while before day, he (Y’shua-Jesus) rose and went out to a lonely place, and there he prayed. 
  • 1 Samuel 1:19 They rose early in the morning and worshiped before YHVH; then they went back to their house at Ramah. And Elka'nah knew Hannah his wife, and YHVH remembered her; 
  • Psalm 5:3 O YHVH, in the morning thou dost hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for thee, and watch. 
  • Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of thy might; I will sing aloud of thy steadfast love in the morning. For thou hast been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. 
  • Psalm 88:13 But I, O YHVH, cry to thee; in the morning my prayer comes before thee. 
  • Psalm 143:8 Let me hear in the morning of thy steadfast love, for in thee I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to thee I lift up my soul. 
  • Ezekiel 12:8 In the morning the word of the LORD came to me: 
I know that we who believe are to pray at all times, to not limit ourselves to one appointment. Elohim is my Father, Y'shua is my beloved and there are times through my day that I call out to him. I hear him throughout my day and into the night, but I am missing an intimacy that we once shared. I know that it is not him who has become too distracted to speak to me.

1 comment: