Saturday, June 19, 2010

Something new and beautiful day by day

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases,
His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness
I knew that a poppy was growing against the fence. I even noticed that the pods were filling out and bending over from the weight of the flower inside. I have seen other poppies in the neighborhood blooming and still did not think much about these in the shade of my garden. I walked and puttered about the whole of my garden and wondered at the arugula sprouts, the pumpkin leaves and zucchini blooms without seeing the orange glow along the fence. Just as I turned to go inside again, there it was, something common that filled me with wonder. The music of the passage in Lamentations 3 has been drifting along the edges of my soul ever since. The steadfast love of YHVH never ceases, His mercies never come to and end....

No comments:

Post a Comment