Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow Moon

I love insights from Hebrew. Each of the Hebrew letters have a meaning. For instance, the fifth letter of the Hebrew alaph-bet is Hey. Hey is shaped like a window on the side of a house. It communicates to the reader that insight is about to be let in like sunshine through a window on a summer morning. This idea is usually communicated with the English word "Behold"

Whether I am doing a study or just a devotional reading, I look for key words that open windows of meaning while I read the Bible. When I see the word "Behold" I know to pay attention, because God the Holy Spirit is about to open a window to see what is happening in the unseen world. I live and function in the physical realm, but that is not all there is to my reality. Powerful, dynamic things are taking place that cannot be seen with physical eyes. It is why Paul prayed for the eyes of our spirit to see the effect of the spiritual realm all around us.
Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
Ephesians 1:15-21 NKJ

Try this for yourself today. When you come across the word "behold" in your reading, take a closer look and see if a window into the spiritual realm of the kingdom of heaven has been opened for you.

Apparently I really should not have been surprised by the snow yesterday... or today (it is snowing right now) There was a full moon last night. The traditional name of this full moon (according to the Old Farmers Almanac) is The Snow Moon.

Mrs. Hagerty February 10,2009

No comments:

Post a Comment