Thursday, December 7, 2017

Psalm 70


Psalm 70 
One of the subtopics of Psalm 70 is how we choose to see. The Hebrew letter AYIN is a picto-graph of the eye or eyes and all they imply.
Let those be ashamed and humiliated who seek my life; let those be turned back and dishonored who delight in my hurt. Psalm 70:2
The word "seek" in 70:2 is the AYIN word. This word speaks of "the evil eye," a phrase you may be familiar with. My family calls it "the stink eye." When I was a jr-hi teacher my students would give me the stink eye if I asked them to redo a paper we had gone over. They wanted to "do better next time" not do a rewrite of a paper they were done with. The evil eye is an attitude. In 70:1-3 those with an evil eye produced serious consequences in King David's life. I don't see David taking his own revenge, but he does ask the Almighty to bring their evil back upon themselves (l'm rubber, you're glue)

The good eye is found in Psalm 70:4-5.
Let all who seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee; and let those who love Thy Salvation (Y'shua -- Jesus) say continually, "Let God be magnified."But I am afflicted and needy; hasten to me O God! Thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay. Psalm 70:4-5
The same flag word, seek, is used. Amy Grant launched her career with a song called My Father's Eyes. Seeing life from God's perspective is "the good eye." That soul wants good for others because they love Jesus.... what? Where is Jesus you ask? The word translated Salvation is Y'shua which is Hebrew for Jesus. Even in affliction the believer seeks God, not hurt for others.

How are you doing? Do you want to get even with those you despise (start by looking at you response to politics). That is the evil eye. Believers can fall into that dark, muddy hole or, we can turn our eyes upon Jesus... You really do have a choice.

Debs in Everett, Washington; November 10, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment