Thursday, December 14, 2017

Psalm 77

 A song drifts through my mind

🎶Have you ever talked to God above?
Told Him that you need a friend to love,
Prayed in Jesus Name believing that God answers prayer?🎵 

The Psalm Of The Day is Psalm 77 and once again I was overwhelmed with the despair of the singer (Psalmist). I wondered if there wasn't something more encouraging for my Morning Devotions . I read through it once, then read through it again, this time marking the references to the Almighty in gold, focusing on the verbs connected to His Name. Slowly it dawned on me that the negative verbs about God were connected to the singer's despair. They are not about who God is, but rather what the enemy of souls, the father of lies, whispers to us when life gets hard.

 🎶What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sin and grief to bear,
What a privilege to carry,
Everything to God in prayer.🎵 

Psalm 77:4 Thou held my eyelids open; I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
The Almighty is not willing for me and you to stay in our despair. He kept the singer awake in the night. It is said that if we come to God, He will meet us half way. Phooey! Psalm 77 is evidence that if I simply turn my eyes toward Him, He is manifest (I was going to say, He is there, but He never leaves the believer.) The singer couldn't sing in his grief, so the Almighty sang to Him in memories. 
77:11 ...remember the miracles.77:11 & 12 muse on what He has already done.77:13 The Way (of life) is dedicated (holy) to God.77:14 He is GOD who accomplishes miracles. 77:15 It is God's power that redeems His people.
The Creator is ready to hear you when you pray. It is his own Holy Spirit that intercedes on our behalf with groaning too deep for words when we are not even able to mutter a word in prayer. That is how much God loves you. His love did not stop at the cross with the sacrifice of Y'shua, the love of God defines you, even if the father of lies insists something else

 🎶Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Debs in Everett, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment