Sunday, December 10, 2017

Psalm 73

 Psalm 73
Envy and bitterness are like a train going straight to the heart. David saw "The pure in heart" and knew his heart was not pure. I suspect that conclusion is common, no matter who you are. Our goodness or lack of goodness is not what makes us children of the Almighty. David gives one sentence to his thoughts on the pure in heart, then writes 11 more verses about how easy life is for the wicked (have a look, 73:3-12)
Psalm 73:3-123 For I was envious of the arrogant, as I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 4 For there are no pains in their death; and their body is fat. 5 They are not in trouble as other men; nor are they plagued like mankind. 6 Therefore pride is their necklace; the garment of violence covers them. 7 Their eye bulges from fatness; the imaginations of their heart run riot. 8 They mock, and wickedly speak of oppression; they speak from on high. 9 They have set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue parades through the earth. 
10 Therefore his people return to this place; and waters of abundance are drunk by them. 11 And they say, "How does God know? And is there knowledge with the Most High?" 12 Behold, these are the wicked; and always at ease, they have increased in wealth. 
Draw near to God
David's perception changed as he turned to the Almighty. Bitterness (73:21) made him senseless and he did not even know it (ignorant, 73:22) But hallaluja! God did not give up on him or toss him to the curb (73:23-24). Y'shua is the Way, the TRUTH and our Life. When I draw close to Him, He is all I want (73:25). When I look at the world and wonder, "why do I bother?" It is my Abba, my Pappa in heaven who holds as tight to me as I once did my children as we walked through crowded places with all sorts of evil around us. The wicked should "eat, drink, and be marry" if they refuse to turn to Y'shua, because today is the only ease they get before terror descends upon them (PLEASE! turn to Jesus! 73:27) 
Make the Almighty your safe place, He will keep your eyes open to truth (73:28)
Ps 73:21-28
21 When my heart was embittered, and I was pierced within, 22 Then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before Thee. 23 Nevertheless I am continually with Thee; Thou hast taken hold of my right hand. 24 With Thy counsel Thou wilt guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. 
25 Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 27 For, behold, those who are far from Thee will perish; Thou hast destroyed all those who are unfaithful to Thee. 
Debs in Everett, Washington, November 12, 2017
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made YHVH my refuge, that I may tell of all Thy works. Psalm 73:28 nas

No comments:

Post a Comment