Thursday, December 21, 2017

Psalm 80

 O LORD God of hosts, restore us; cause Thy face to shine upon us, and we will be saved.

Psalm 80 speaks to my farmers soul. The mighty ONE of Israel is a shepherd, we are his flock. He leads us to green pastures (even if those green fields are in Egypt); until we cry out for salvation from Egypt. 
My God is a farmer, a vine dresser, I am a scrawny shoot of a vine which the Almighty planted, and cared for. All my magnificent growth is because of Him. Once I start thinking that I am great instead of Him then He temporally removes my protection so that I see what that sort of thinking accomplishes. But we cry out, "Revive us..." O LORD God of Hosts, restore us; cause Thy face to shine upon us, and we shall be saved.

Debs in Everett, Washington November 20, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment