Thursday, December 14, 2017

Psalm 104


 "Bless YHVH, O my soul! O YHVH Elohiym, Thou are very powerful, clothed in light (splendor) and magnificent beauty (majesty). Psalm 104:1
My Psalm Of The Day, on the surface, is a song of creation. But as I look deeper I began to notice purpose to the Psalm that reveals more then a simple account of what the Almighty has done. 

104:1-4 Bless the LORD, O my soul... This first stanza proclaims the God I worship. He is the most powerful in all creation. That is given as the primary reason the singer worships. The 2nd reason is the splendor and majesty that clothes Him. He is covered with dazzling light, the clouds are his chariot, when He walks it is on the wings of the wind. When He sends a message it is the wind (the Ruwach, which English readers know as "the Spirit") Fire ministers to Him.
Bless YHVH, O my soul.

104:5-9 He established the earth... The mystery of YHVH's creation is described in simple phrases, yet I am still not sure how he did it except through the glory of His power.
Bless YHVH, O my soul. 

104:10-13 Much to my surprise I discover that water has a ministry! Even water serves God. The water comes from Him and serves us. "The earth is satisfied with the fruit of His works.
Bless YHVH, O my soul. 

104:14-17 The plants have a ministry to creation. They are a gift of the Almighty and serve creation providing food, beauty, wine and homes.
Bless YHVH, O my soul.
 
104:18-30 everything ministers to God in mysterious gifts: mountains, the sea, the sun and moon and the creatures in the sea. Each of them glorify the Father. 
Bless YHVH, O my soul.
104:31-35 The singer's response? While I am alive I will sing my praise to the Almighty; while I have my being (beyond the life of my physical body) I will sing praise to YHVH! 
Bless YHVH, O my soul. 
Debs in Everett, Washington, December 14, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment